The nursery operates Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm 51 weeks a year.
Working hours are 8am - 5pm and 9am - 6pm on a rotated shift.
The Nursery has an open plan layout and caters for children from 1 year to 4 year, the Nursery is run from a Childrens Centre.
We are looking for a smart strong candidate who can -
- draw up long term and short term curriculum plans which ensure that each child is working towards early learning goals.
- ensure that staff are properly deployed and offer appropriate stimulation and support to the children.
- implement systems of observation and record keeping so that children's achievements and progress are effectively and regularly assessed and monitor the effectiveness of assessment procedures.
- organise the key worker system and effectively supervise staff on a daily basis; Participate in staff appraisals and to identify in-service training needs.
- ensure records and display boards are properly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book and the parent’s notice boards.
- liaise closely with parents, informing them about the nursery, exchanging information about their children's progress and encouraging parents' involvement.
- ensure that the nursery is a safe environment for children, staff and others, that equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented at all times and fire drills are regularly practiced.
- give support with the development and implementation of the after school club, to ensure the smooth running of the provision.
- give support with the advertising, promotion and marketing of the nursery and to pro-actively recruit new children.
- contribute to and implement all of the nursery’s policies and procedures, especially those on equal opportunities and confidentiality.
- attend in-service training and meetings as required.
- and undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the management, in accordance with the nursery's business plan/objectives.
The role requires the applicant to have good leadership skills and must be very knowledgeable on delivering high quality planning and meeting the welfare requirements.
- A high level of understanding of child development, and of children's needs.
- Ability to plan and implement the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.
- Ability to work with parents and to encourage their involvement.
- Ability to lead a team of adults.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and understanding of religious and cultural diversity.
- Ability to write clear reports.
Qualifications - NVQ Level 4 Early Years Foundation Degree and at least 3 years experience from qualifying.
Salary £18,000 - £26,000 depending on experience
Twinkletotz Day Nursery Manager
The post is for a Manger to work in either our
Southall Park Childrens Centre branch - UB1 3AZ
or Islip Manor Northolt branch - UB5 5RE
Susan Dhillon - Owner on 07867 557 383